Monday, September 5, 2011

Lesson 1&2

I have been substitute teaching and learning as a student in many different establishments over the years.  So, I have seen all different kinds of technology and different ways it is utilized.  And I like that there is a standards board to regulate the proper incorporation of technology in our school system.

However, as I have said before, I believe technology should not be incorporated, but focused upon.  I do have reasoning behind this statement.  Before I chose teaching as a career path, I was in the job market for about a year.  Almost every single job required a knowledge of Microsoft Office or some popular database.  A lot of jobs required knowledge of social networking or basic web design.  Technology is rapidly changing, and it is not important, but absolutely necessary that we focus on the delivery of the information just as much as the information itself.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog, Clay! Glad I could help you out with your Daily 5 structure!

    ReplyDelete